- Provisional bookings will only be held for a period of 21 days. Confirmation is to be made using the approved booking form and providing a non-refundable deposit. The balance of payment is due before your departure or by invoice after your stay if agreed in advance.
In the event of a cancellation being received between the deposit being received and three calendar months before the date of the booking the deposit will be retained. If the cancellation is received between two and three calendar months before the date of the booking, 50 percent of the total charges will be payable within one calendar month of the cancellation date. However, if a cancellation is made less than two months before the date of the booking, which, effectively renders the facility unmarketable, the full amount of charges will be payable within one calendar month of the cancellation date. In the event that the property is re-let, the balance will be refunded.
Users are therefore advised to take out insurance against this possibility
- ALL bookings for any activity on Thirtover Place are done through the Site Managers Office. Payment for those activities is made at the end of the stay. Instructors are not to be contacted directly.
- ALL accounts are to be settled prior to departure. Cheques made payable to Berkshire Guide Assn
- Arrival time at either the house or the camping sites is normally after 2pm. Any variation on these times is subject to prior agreement with the Site Manager.
- Departure time at the weekend for either the house or the camping ground by 5 pm. Holiday period departure times are 12 noon, and check in from 2pm or by arrangement with the Site Manager.
- Leaders in charge MUST report to the Site Manager prior to occupying the house or camp site.
- In some circumstances (e.g. extreme bad weather) the Site Manager may change requested camp sites to allow for recover of ground etc. This is entirely at his/her discretion. Should it be necessary to close the site, you will be informed 24 hrs in advance (where possible) with a full refund of the deposit. In the event of a Leader deciding to cancel, refunds of deposits are not given. Venue users are to ensure they have the appropriate insurance cover to cover any liabilities they may have in case of cancellation.
- Use of the house includes all heating, lighting, and cooking facilities.
- Users of the house, Donnington Lodge and Centenary Lodge are expected to leave it in a clean and tidy condition. If requested and for an extra charge, extra cleaning is available through the Site Manager. Camp site users are expected to leave the ablution block in a clean and hygienic condition and camp sites free from pegs, wood and rubbish. We reserve the right to make an extra charge should additional cleaning be required after your stay.
- If the house is used for a non-residential event (e.g. meeting, training, unit meeting) no access is allowed to the 1st floor, unless by prior arrangement.
- House users only: For reasons of hygiene, only the craft room should be used for craft activities. The dining room MUST NOT be used for these activities.
- Any damage on site must be reported and maybe charged for. If not declared prior to departure an additional charge will be made.
- Vehicles are only allowed on the camp site and stable area with the permission of the Site Manager. Parking is on the main drive and the summer car park as directed by the Site Manager – no parking else where at all. If arriving via coach please notify the Site Manager so adequate parking and turning area is available.
- Sites – All visitors to site must sign in and out of the visitors’ book located on the veranda by the Site Manager Office, or greeted by the gate by a representative of the site they are visiting and then signed in. All visitors must wear an identification badge – available from the office.
- House – All visitors to the house must sign in and out of the visitors book as above and wear identification whilst on site
- Leaders are responsible for ensuring all electrical equipment brought onto site is safe to use.
- It is a requirement of the Berkshire Guide Assn Fire Safety Policy that a Fire Drill, including evacuation, clearing and the appropriate roll call be completed within 1 hour of arrival